While completing an order, you may want to know why we are requesting so much data. All of the data being requested is necessary in order for your carrier company to correctly invoice the customer and potentially calculate your pay for each order.
Below are the fields that must be filled in when completing an order and the reasons why.
- Lift Arrived - It is important that the ARRIVED button is clicked once you arrive at the terminal and can safely do so. FuelNOW uses your arrival and departure times at a terminal to calculate demurrage.
- Lift Departure - It is important that the DEPART button is clicked once you depart from the terminal and can safely do so. FuelNOW uses your arrival and departure times at a terminal to calculate demurrage.
- Supplier Name - The supplier listed here can help track supplier allocations; limiting the # of times drivers are dispatched to load at terminals where product is unavailable.
- Terminal Name - Value provided here is used for multiple things.
- Tracking supplier allocations
- Calculating freight rates for your company's customers
- Calculating your pay
- Product Name - Value provided helps to keep accurate inventory; potentially preventing orders from being placed with incorrect quantities.
- Gross and Net quantity values are also used for the same reasons as listed for the "Product Name", but this also helps in billing to your company's customer.
- Water inch readings are an environmental compliance requirement. Drivers must report water readings anytime fuel is delivered into an underground tank.
- Fuel inch readings are necessary as they help to validate the delivered quantities.
- The image of any BOLs associated with an order is required documentation necessary for tax auditing. Either the carrier company that transported the fuel or the company that sold the fuel or the company that received the fuel can be required to produce the BOL images associated with a fuel delivery order.